ACT MODEL D, F AND ERD PACKER, can be set on tubing or drillpipe using a wireline adapter kit and a hydraulic setting assembly. These setting assemblies are particularly useful for setting permanent packers in high-angle, deviated wells such as those drilled offshore. The hydraulic setting tool assembly and packer are run to setting depth on the tubing string and a ball is dropped to the ball seat in the setting tool. Sufficient tubing pressure is then applied to set and pack off the packer. The pressure or combined pressure and tubing tension, parts the release stud in the adapter kit and frees the setting assembly from the packer for retrieval. The HST has a bottom connection that accepts common wireline-setting tool adapter kits.
- Deviated or horizontal wells
- Large-casing packers
- Wireline-set seal bore packer completions
Features, Advantages and Benefits:
- The HST accepts common wireline adapter kits, enabling it to set all ACT permanent and retrievable seal bore packers
- The HST enables the well to be circulated before the packer is set, preventing debris accumulation
- The heavy-duty HST construction enables the packer assembly to be pushed into place in high-angle and horizontal wells, enabling the packer to be set where wireline deployment is difficult or impractical