The ACT Model BKR Premium Cement Retainer (W/L) is a wireline set, high pressure retainer constructed of drillable cast-iron that uses Bolt, Elder or Baker K-1 type setting sleeves and tension mandrels. It can be set on any Baker type wireline pressure setting tool or pipe/coil tubing with an ACT Hydraulic Setting Tool. When set, opposing slips are located above and below the rubber packing elements. The packing elements are contained by rocker action back-up rings that eliminate extrusion of the elements at high temperatures and pressures. A one way ratchet lock ring retains the setting force applied to the opposing slips and rubber to maintain a pressure tight seal. One-piece slips keep the retainer securely set in premium grade casings including P-110. The slip wickers are sharp and hardened to the wicker depth only allowing the slip to grip the casing wall while maintaining a soft cast- iron inside for easier drilling. It features a pressure balanced two way valve located in the bottom shoe. The operator controls the two way valve from the surface to hold the final squeeze pressure under the retainer or test tubing or keep hydrostatic pressure off the squeeze. Straight pick up closes the valve and set down weight opens the valve. This retainer is ideal for where squeeze cementing operations are being performed. Optional packing systems of Viton or Aflas are available on special order. Special application tools can be custom designed to fit your specific needs. Available in 4-1/2″ thru 13-3/8″ casing sizes.
After the ACT BKR Cement Retainer is set on wireline a BKR Seal Unit is required to perform the squeeze job. These seal units are available in two types, a locator seal unit or a snap latch seal unit. The seal unit is installed on the bottom of the workstring to control the two way valve in the set retainer.
- Drillable cast iron construction
- Uses Bolt, Elder or Baker K-1 Setting Sleeves
- Wireline set on Baker Type Wireline Pressure Setting Tool
- Hydraulic set on ACT Hydraulic Setting Tool
- Small ODs for extra clearance in heavy viscous fluids
- One-piece slips set in premium grade casings including P-110
- Rocker action back-up prevents rubber extrusion
- Pressure balanced two way valve
- Set down weight to open valve, pick up to close
- Optional Mechanical or BKR-1 Bridge Plug conversion kits