Swivel Joints (1″ to 6″) are manufactured both for standard service & sour service. Long Sweep Swivel Joints are designed generally from 6,000 PSI CWP to 20,000 PSI CWP, both for standard and sour service, and ensure better flow characteristics. Smooth and round bore design keeps pressure drop low and minimizes turbulence.
LONG SWEEP SOUR SERVICE SWIVEL JOINTS are manufactured in accordance with National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) standard, MR-01-75 (Latest) and the American Petroleum Institute’s (API) standard RP-14E.
ACT Swivel Joints have following features
- Swivel Joints are made from carbon steel and low alloy steel and are specially heat treated for controlled hardness
- All union ends are interchangeable with other manufacturers adhering to industry standards. All Long Sweep Swivel Joints-Jar- sour service have union ends of corresponding pressure rating
- Swivel Joints for sour service are provided with snap rings to assure high load bearing capacity
- These Swivel Joints are provided with dual packing arrangement. Primary seal with stainless steel anti-extrusion ring and an additional O-ring between ball races and primary seal is provided, which acts as a secondary seal. When leakage occurs, it is diverted through the leak detection port. A leak at this port indicates the necessity of primary seal replacement
- The grease retainer is self-relieving to prevent pressure accumulation in the ball race chamber if leakage occurs through the secondary packing
ACT’s Swivel Joints bearings assure long and dependable service. These bearings are either dual race or tri race ball bearings and are matched to load capacity and service conditions. All ball races are either carburized and hardened or use snap ring in stainless steel.
Style of Swivel Joints
- STYLE 10
Three Swivels with two elbows
- STYLE 20
Single Swivel coupling
- STYLE 30
Single Swivel with one elbow
- STYLE 40
Single Swivel with two elbows
- STYLE 50
Two Swivels with two elbows
- STYLE 60
Two Swivels with one elbow
- STYLE 70
Two Swivels with three elbows
- STYLE 80
Three Swivels with three elbows
Sizes of Swivel Joints
ACT manufactures size 1″ to 6″ for normal application. ACT can also manufacture higher/lower sizes if required by customer.